COVID-19 Face Shield Video
This is a video that shows how to assemble the visors to the 3D printed Face Shields.
- Start with the center 2 holes first and then work on the sides.
- Place your thumb just to the side of the hole and push down with your other thumb.
The plastic is not super strong so please be careful. The 3D printed frames are made of PLA plastic.
Click here for a printable version of the instructions.
Info and Trouble Troubleshooting Tips:
- The face shield frame was created by a 3d printer and is made from PLA, ABS or PETG plastic. This design is on an approved list of Open Source PPE, but please check with your institution to ensure they are acceptable to be used.
- Do not leave the Face Shileds or 3d printed frames in the car. They will melt.
- If the holes aren't quite lined up, you can use scissors to cut a tiny slit from the hole. It should be snug and the plastic can stretch some.
- The plastic visors are replaceable. They are transparancy sheets purchased from Office Depot, Staples or Amazon. They need to be less than 8 mil thick. Some can be purchased with pre-rounded corners.
The Face Shields can be cleaned with sanitizing wipes, or a bath of hydrogen peroxide, isopropypl alcohol, sodium hypochlorite, or warm soapy water. Do not clean with an autoclave or heat. This will melt the plastic and may deform the face shield.